Have you ever imagined the sights of a perfect holiday? Maybe a gorgeous and expansive coastline, filled with booming marine life and white-sandy beaches where you sip coconut water straight from the coconut? Or even a tranquil private villa, placed right on top of the ocean, so that you could fall asleep with the sounds of the calm sea and the massive starry sky.
The possibilities are truly endless when you’re in the Maldives, you can choose from several of the wide range of experiences available, and this article will be your virtual guide to your luxury travel destination in the Maldives.
The Maldives is a beautiful country of 1190 islands scattered within its borders, teeming with the splendor of nature, where 185 of these islands are inhabited by people, while the rest are used for other purposes such as agriculture and tourism.
From the moment you enter the airport, you’ll find helpful guides who will point you towards where you need to go to get to your destination, be it a resort, or even a tour around the inhabited islands of maldives. There will be several fast food restaurants at the airport island for you to rest at and grab a bite, and foreign exchange counters where you can exchange your money for the local currency.
There’s many reasons why you should go to the Maldives on holiday, and many occasions which you could celebrate on such a holiday. Be it a honeymoon where you want to take your significant other to start your marriage journey with a breathtaking luxury experience in a Maldives resort, or a family holiday where you want to relax with your family, the Maldives is the ideal place for you.
The sights aren’t the only things you’d get in the Maldives, you can also enjoy the various cuisines available in the Maldives, and experience the multitude of flavors and aromas offered by the luxury resorts in the Maldives by top-class chefs. Imagine breakfast in a luxury Maldives resort where you see a classic English breakfast on one side and on the other side, breakfast from another cuisine. This experience will give you the opportunity to enjoy food which is close to your heart, or try out new types of food, and be a bit more adventurous.
- The main airport in the maldives is called Velana International Airport
- Private islands are also a facility you can enjoy
- Private villas are also something you can enjoy ( Private homes with minimal staff interaction where they only provide food and cleaning services when needed)
- Underwater restaurants and hotels are also available ( a resort providing underwater hotels name is Conrad maldives Rangali island. The name of the underwater hotel is called the Muraka) Discover THE MURAKA, a first-of-its-kind, luxury two-level residence with a master bedroom submerged over 16 feet below sea level in the Indian Ocean. Source : https://www.conradmaldives.com/stay/the-muraka/
- Besides luxury resorts, also popular travel destinations are; Male which is the capital of Maldives, filled with religious sites (mosques) and boisterous fish markets and places like the famous Artificial Beach which has nice sights at night (lots of dim blue and other lights around the beach). People also fish on the edges of male, nice colourful shoals of fish.
- People also go to Dhangethi island = Whale shark, beach and snorkelling
- People also go to Addu atol, a remote atoll in the maldives with a city and airport
- Theres also Lhaviniya Atoll with manta rays, scuba diving and snorkelling
- Modes of transportation generally in the maldives;
- Inhabited islands such as vilingilli and hulhumale are nice and spacious places to visit if the crowded capital of male isnt your type. Lots of nice spacious places in villingille, beachaes, towns, beachside greenery areas where you can have picnics.
- Maybe include about covid guidelines and how the country’s tourism runs these days in the context of covid
- Try out the signature maldivian food such as gula, mashuni ( tuna salad kinda thing) , rihaakuru ( product of processed fish), roshi ( light chapathi kinda thing). Maldivian cuisine is mostly fish based and mainly comprises of savoury food
- Maybe also you can include about specific resorts and the unique stuff they provide to you