Online sports betting has absolutely exploded in Canada in recent years. Even though there are already a lot of offshore books that are easily accessible and operating in a recognized legal limbo, Ontario’s upcoming licensing system promises to expand the number of books available to Canadian gamblers and add more structure and clarity to what can be a murky and even greasy market for them.
With so many sportsbooks entering Canada, it’s possible to have some analytical paralysis due to the abundance of choices. This guide was developed to assist Canadians in locating the best sportsbook for their specific betting requirements.
You can find descriptions of every major bookmaker available in Canada below, along with the latest Basketball Insiders’ list of Canadian sportsbooks, which provides in-depth reviews of popular sportsbooks within Canada. Every aspect of a betting site conceivable has been dissected, including bonus deals, mobile applications, and the top sportsbook for wagering on each sport.
Betting In Canada
Certainly, sports betting has advanced significantly in Canada. For a long time, only state-sponsored betting sites allowed Canadians to legally place parlay bets. Due to this, there has been an increase in offshore sportsbooks that operate in a fairly well-known legal gray area.
There were no negative effects on users or the sportsbook when brands like Bet365 and 888Sport were freely available to Canadians. This ridiculous system eventually drew criticism, and in 2021 it was announced that Canada would introduce a formal province licensing system akin to the state system in the US.
Now, the provinces and territories of Canada will have more control over which sportsbooks they choose to license. Sportsbooks in Canada will open for business in April 2022, with Ontario being the first province to fully adopt the system.
Now that they have so many options at their disposal, Canadians will be spoiled. Many US sportsbooks, including PointsBet and BetMGM, have already been given permission to begin taking bets in Ontario. Meanwhile, bookies that have operated on the unofficial market, like Bet365 and 888, have already been given permission to do so.
Top Canadian Sportsbooks
- Caesars Sportsbook
- FanDuel Sportsbook
- theScore Bet
How We Compare Sportsbooks
This website’s content reflects our views. Despite the fact that we have years of experience in the field of sports betting, it’s normal that you might still be wary of advice given to you online by complete strangers.
- Bonus Offers – In the past, sportsbooks have provided sign-up bonuses to customers as a means of luring them away from other websites. Does a sportsbook’s bonus offer, if it makes one, give you actual value?
- Mobile – Nowadays, the majority of sports betting websites include an accompanying mobile app, and a sportsbook’s app quality can make the difference between being an average and top sportsbook.
- Payment Options – Credit cards & bank transfers are frequent methods of payment for sportsbooks. However, a key component of the user experience is how many payment alternatives are supported and how long it takes for each method to process payouts and deposits. You need to be certain that you are investing with a website that will make financing as simple as possible because it is your money.
- Customer Support – Although we hope this won’t affect your betting experience, it’s always a good idea to have a backup plan in case you run into issues while using an online sportsbook. Due to this, we offer separate sections for customer assistance in each of our comprehensive assessments.
- Variety – We naturally anticipate having access to the standard spreads, moneylines, and over/unders for the major leagues. But what varieties of parlay choices exist? Does the sportsbook feature an online casino? How was your experience with live betting? These inquiries are essential for figuring out whether a sportsbook is giving you the greatest possible service.
Have you ever felt the momentum shift during a game? The 20 point advantage Boston has over the Celtics will undoubtedly vanish once Fred VanVleet starts shooting the Celtics up from downtown, right? But how can you profit from this sensation? Live betting is the solution.
Whereas an event is taking place, consumers can place bets with current odds. Live betting is often available at sportsbooks, but there is a big difference between the ordinary site and the ones that strive to provide the best live betting experiences.
Live betting, which is a significant portion of the online sports betting business, is likely the most thrilling and engaging way to watch and place bets.
Including Online Casinos
In an effort to give bettors the most comprehensive betting experience possible, and to find the best source of online casino bonuses, players can see what they provide to their customers, by checking several casinos online. As a result, you have even more options for how you wish to gamble, and the casinos with more bonuses can help them stand out from the competitors.
A good method to broaden your betting horizons and guarantee a pleasant, varied betting experience is by playing at an online casino. After your 3-team parlay won on Sunday, are you feeling lucky? You can use your earnings from sportsbooks at online casinos to place a total black bet on the roulette wheel.
You have additional betting options with an online sportsbook with a built-in casino platform, so the fun doesn’t have to end when the action does.