Hotel Management degrees have accelerated the pace of building competent and well-versed hoteliers. With the idea of the whole world becoming one, the hospitality industry has been brimming with thrilling career opportunities. There are multitudes of sectors in this industry that support and promote a highly remunerative & stable job. As of now, different sectors are subsumed under the Hospitality Industry including Lodging and accommodation sector, Travel & Tourism, Food & Beverages, and Entertainment & Recreation.
To help candidates imbibe the skills pertinent to each sector mentioned above, the Best Hotel Management Colleges in India include the top educational degrees in their academic curriculum. You’d be surprised to know the number of degrees and diplomas that are being offered in modern times. However, depending on the career scope, some of the degrees take the upper shelf.
Top five academic programs under Hotel Management
The following are the top academic programs that help in preparing industry-ready professionals:
- B. Sc Hospitality & Hotel Management (B.Sc. HHA)
- B. Sc Nutrition & Dietetics
- Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (BHMCT)
- Diploma in Food Production
- Diploma in Bakery & Confectionery
Top Job Opportunities in Hospitality Industry
As previously mentioned, the hospitality industry is packed with exciting & thrilling job options. And that is not what the industry stops at. What’s more, the opportunities transcend borders. No matter which sector one aspires to work in, he or she can find the befitting job role in countries overseas. These top roles include:
- Hotel Manager: This is a top-tier pathway for all those associated with Hotel Management. Day-to-day life at hotels is supervised and managed by Hotel managers. All the different departments under a hotel have to work in sync to provide the ultimate hospitality to the guests and the onus of doing so is on the hotel managers.
- Chef: To become a chef is a big achievement in itself. Chefs are highly reputed across the globe and don’t forget, they are highly remunerated as well! Therefore, this job comes in the category of top job options after completing a hotel management degree.
- Sommelier: Wine mixing and serving is an art and it is a skill that can be learned and furnished with proper guidance. And when a student receives all of these, he or she can become a competent sommelier who would then become eligible for working in different hotels and restaurants.
- Travel Advisors: Travel advisors are primarily associated with the tourism industry. The primary roles include making tour packages and guiding the clients with the travel plans. They also listen to the needs of the clients and then make an à la carte package.
- Casino Manager: There are hundreds of casinos around the world that attract a lot of tourists and visitors. Casinos bustle with activities the majority of the time and therefore, they can get a little difficult to manage at times. For this reason, an efficient and competent professional is required who can become a casino manager.
- Restaurant Manager: Being a Restaurant Manager is another success story that needs to be highlighted. People nowadays are always keen to try new cuisines and hence, restaurants receive heavy footfall. This is again, a tough task to manage and seeks expert’s help. So anyone with a degree from any of the Best BHMCT colleges in India can become a restaurant manager and earn handsomely well.
- Housekeeping Manager: Housekeeping is intrinsic to hotels. If it weren’t for housekeeping, the hotel industry might not have grown this large. Housekeeping makes sure that the whole hotel is hygienic, up to the mark, and meets the standards that it claims to have.
Conclusion: There are so many options that are presented to a student aiming to build a brighter career in the domain of hospitality. From diploma courses to bachelor’s degrees, multitudes of options are offered in the field of academia. Furthermore, there are rounds of career pathways that branch out after completion of any degree related to hospitality. So, choosing a hotel management degree in the modern era is a worthwhile decision!